Sunday 12 October 2014

My Life (2)

Well, to just remind you, I had Reached 15 stone, become Diabetic, had a stroke and become epileptic, remember also I STILL hadn't learned my lesson, and was to reach over the 22 stone Mark, 

Having the strokes a scare, and the dieting lasted about 6 weeks (kind of anyway), but soon I slipped . Into old habits, eating a meal that basically needed a serving plate, eating bread with the meal, as much as 4 - 6 slices, usually white bread, and then often a pudding afterwards, 

YOU would probably think what a Pratt right ? And I'm sure you wouldn't be like me and still making the same mistakes right ? But you can't believe how stupid I can get, even as my legs start to hurt badly,my feet numb, and blow up to 3 Times normal size, when I got breathless, more and more everyday, pains in the chest, all meaning I did less and less Excercise, but it was . OK, it wasn't serious right ? 

Surely eat more veg with it and I'd be ok, so the plates got piled higher and higher, snacking between meals,only my snacks were another man's heavy lunch, 4 sandwiches, and crisps, oh and maybe a family bag of chocolates like minstrels etc. Later in the evening, I'd be staving, an hour after dinner I'd be wanting more food, and a second bag of chocolates sweets, 

I Don't think any diet beat 6 weeks, and I got so bad that I could no longer walk the distance between 2 lampposts, and still even though the voice in my head said I needed to change, . But no matter how much will power I had, It never lasted, I cried, I got scared,but I didn't change, 

INFECTIONS all over my body, pain so bad in my feet that I was begging Wendie to Kill me,or cut them off, the GP when Wendie finally
managed to beat the sense into me and she dragged me kicking and screaming , Tore strips into me, we'd gone th I king it was Gangrene, but no,he just treated me like a child, . A naughty child, I left in tears, with no help at all no diagnosis, 

Just over 3 weeks later, my feet literally covered in extremely painful ulcers, and me in a state of Toxic confusion, a four inch abscess in my right Palm, and we're back to the beginning, A blues and two's trip to casualty, 2 Drs outside waiting and me being resuscitated twice in the ITU, that was the 16th March this year, I left the Hospital on the 16th April, with Two Terminal diagnoses, and all my dreams REALLY shattered, 

I am DEAD in all but name, I am living what time I have left to the fullest I can when constrained by such terrible pain, I am trying to sort everything, . And to make this as easy as possible for my darling wife Wendie, She's the one that needs the sympathy, the help,the care and the love, 

PLEASE Don't feel sorry or cry for me, . Feel for Wendie, but most of all please please don't DIE like me at least not for a very very long time, I have sat here at night crying, not for me, but for the fact that I didn't do enough to save those of you out there that don't realise the dangers of ignoring or denying their Diabetes, 

Live Long, Live Well. 

Warmest and Fondest Regards.
Kman
18/11/13

No comments:

Post a Comment